Site Inactive
Membership

Calendar

News

Site Contributions

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
Last Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderLaurelai! by Olyvya4365 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSample Saruman playbook by hosea7604365 days ago2 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSuccessful ToO Run Last Night by hosea7604375 days ago1 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderEmilaisa/Luciferius by Darken_Rahl6664377 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderCastial by CaptCast4377 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Templars of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Questing and Raids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOME_Kindle
Officer

re: North Cotton Farm - Discussion

Is very green... ... get it?
TOME_Kindle
Officer

re: North Cotton Farm - Discussion

Northcotton Farms is a really awkward place. Different facets of your endurance and attention will be tested, so don't try to go in here tired, as it's more challenging imho, than it is fun. Still... the loot is good, and you get to slap hobbits for a prize ^_^

Approaching the 1st boss fight, you'll notice a very large spider. Yup, that's it, that's all, a large freaking spider. She has a nasty attitude, and one slight modification from many of her previous incarnations. This little lady, instead of dropping pools of acid on HER as she goes, will in fact cause acid pools to form in a circle around the tank! The tank in response needs to remember a few things. The space to fight the 1st boss is somewhat limited. There is enough to run around in circles, but since the acid pools are about 10m wide, it's important to kite around the edge of the room; careful, as the walls are not exactly an uninterrupted rectangle. Ideally it is good to have ranged DPS in here, but that DPS has to be VERY aggro conscientous since a pool of acid in the middle of the room could be fatal to both them, and the healer. However, if you don't have a ranged DPS, a good rule of thumb is to have the DPS and tank walk side by side. What this allows them both to do then is back-pedal about 5m to the edge of the latest pool of acid, and continue to DPS; conserving the size of the room and keeping the fight concise. A last bit of information is that this spider isn't a simple tank-n-spank. Every few acid pools, roughly every 5, she will perform a unique animation and drop an egg. That eggs has the HIGHEST priority, and any high damage skills should be saved in anticipation for it's arrival. If the egg hatches it spawns 3 or 4 babies that the mother then eats to effectively restore about 20k health. So remember, PUNCH THE BABIES!

Approaching the 2nd boss fight, you will see a wide room with our friend Thadur up in a tree-house overseeing the preparations of a big fat cauldron. That cauldron is in fact your enemy in this fight, and you're job is to destroy that vat of poison before it can be poured into the well below. Here is a strategy. To start the fight, select the person in your party who is the most qualifed to quickly burn down an 80k target. This will mean they have an understanding of powermanagement, as they probably won't be very effective if they run out of juice after dealing 20k. That person should not initiate the fight, but rather hug the porch that is up the hill from the cauldron, as the person in that part of the yard seems highly unlikey to get an eye at the start of the fight. After the fight starts, that DPS'er needs to go to the far side of the well and begin to get busy. The eyes, eyes that are given to the two NON-aggro'd fellowship members, are very volitle non-removable poison effects that will spawn a pool of acid anywhere that you stand still for too long. Keep running, and they will deal a very very minimal bit of damage as you drop a pool upon expiration. But We're Not Through Yet! As the two non-aggro'd party members are literally running for their lives, they also have the job of saving as many hobbits from eating contaminated pies as possible. I've never failed that part of the fight, but supposedly if you let 4 hobbits die, you fail the fight... so .. here's the trick. You Slap them Happy)) - Literally, get within 2 meters a delusional hobbit and type "/slap." Using the "up" key and hitting enter is very effective, and if you're good at it, you can do it almost without stopping. Good luck, with that, and remember that if you are thinking about ever helping your friend with DPSing the cauldron to be VERY careful that you get no where near him/her, as dropping an acid pool and keeping them AWAY from the cauldron can SPOIL the whole fight .... :D I made a funny!

Approaching the 3rd boss fight, you will see Thadur once again, and this time you get to kill him Happy Thadur has a heck of a lot of HP in this fight, so be ready for the long haul. As you fight him, you'll need to be aware of a few of his call outs.
This poison should have an interesting effect - This is the most mild of his skills, and it will place a light poison on each nearby member of the party, usually acting as a damage over time.
Do you dare to FACE me? - Okay, so I didn't quote it word for word, but the word to look for is "face". He's basically saying here that anyone whose front 180 degrees in looking at his front 180 degrees is about to take a 4k hit. This is a truely devastating attack, but laughably easy to dodge :P Walk through him ^_^ Literally, just walk through him and get behind him, and the skill fizzles without a hitch. Ranged attackers and healers should be careful of this skill, and melee DPS should always be behind the boss for this very reason.
Have a taste of my THORNS! - Fine... i'm a horrible person and I'm not actually quoting the real call-outs, so sue me. The word to watch for here is "Thorns". On this call out, Thadur is about to drop a moderately damaging acid pool at his feet, and anyone nearby should anticipate the attack and move away. The acid pool fortunately only last for about 10 seconds, so you won't have to worry about it for long.
Divided you Fall! - Once again I can't seem to properly quote a call-out to save my life but this one is a ... pain in the ass. Supposedly a distributive damage attack, damage to every nearby member seems to be the same no matter if they are by themselves or grouped. Get ready to take about 800 damage.

Lastly, if I'm not mistakin Thadur also has an induction, and to be honest I don't usually let it go off, so I'm not sure what it does, but you can be sure it's not good. Keep him undercontrol!

Good luck in there, and let me know if you come up with some sneaky awesomeness :D
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Templars of Middle Earth Forum Index -> Questing and Raids All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: